Saturday, November 1, 2014

Back to the Grind

OK guys it has been a few years, yes you heard me correctly since I have posted.
Lets just say that a lot has happened in that time.  I had 2 babies and countless things in my life are different now.
I have the most amazing son and daughter now.  I am so grateful for my family, but I have fallen back into old habits.
I have not been that great at my eating and workouts that I used to do regularly have been relapsed with all sorts of mommy things.
I am not saying that mothers don't work out but I have found that its 100x more difficult with all these little babes around demanding my attention.
So I have like so many times before started to try and get my post baby body back.
I have tried my workouts and did pretty good for a few weeks and then I fall off the wagon.  I have done this more times than I can count in the 3+ years it has been since I have posted.
This time I am putting it out to the universe that I am going to make a change.
I am going to start posting about the things that I am doing to try to give myself some accountability to the universe that this time it will be different.
These are the things that I am going to do...

1.  Count my calories:  This is circuital since bodies are made in the kitchen.  I will need to have an accurate account of what I put in my body so I know how many calories to burn to lose weight.

2.  Work out at least 5x a week with weights and cardio:  This is important because you have to move to change your body.  I have found that I need at least 3 days of weight lifting to be he best me I can be.  I love do do both and the combo is great for me.  I am going to do at home workouts mixed with so random walking with the kiddos.  Mainly I will do programs called Turbo Kick, Chalean Extreme and Piyo for my flexibility.  

3.  Remember that Rome was not built in a day:  This is important!  It will take some time to get close to where I want to be and I and everyone need to have realistic expectations.  Most people that loose weight and do it the healthy long lasting way get there slowly.  It takes time to see results so I am going to try to pay attention to the way that my body feels first.  If I am feeling stronger but still have a muffin top thats ok, baby steps.

I will check back in soon with a new post I hope this time I can get into the groove and it works.
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews